Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Quick Update

I have my first set of tests for the semester next week so I'm slightly overwhelmed right now, but I saw something that I find to be a huge problem with Computer Science students...

I see a kid walking down the hall of our building with a perfect fitting polo coupled with a exquisitely dark pair of indigo jeans. The fit was good on the jeans as well but as he approached... something became quite clear, and I notice the same problem with more students every single day. Why oh Why do people not understand that even the perfect fit in jeans and shirt will be utterly destroyed by poorly chosen shoes.

I'm not going to say that this was a swing and a miss, it was an utter lack of effort. Now you're probably thinking that I'm waiting too long to tell you what shoes were worn, but I'm trying to build the suspense.

They were new balances, now, every designer can hit a home run every once in a while, but these were circa 1998 and they were running shoes in their hayday. A ton of technology in the shoe convoluted the design beyond fashions usual constraints for shoes.

This is the closest thing I could find to the shoes in my quick google search.


Computer science students... invest in some nice shoes... for my sanity... please?

2 comments:

  1. Hahaa I know what you mean.

    I can identify with you becoming more interested in fashionable clothing. I myself would like to learn how to dress like an adult (now that I'm no longer a teenager). Sometimes I catch my reflection in a dark mirror and think "you must fix this."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Womp womp. Check out Banana Republic's new shoes... If you get a coupon, they're not entirely unreasonable, either.

    ReplyDelete